The Photography Committee is open to all NCGC members who have an interest in learning about and sharing their knowledge of photography. Both novice and experienced photographers are encouraged to learn and experiment with their cameras through our workshops and to feel comfortable entering NCGC sweeps and GCA shows. Our workshops are designed so that the participants can immediately apply what they have learned in the workshop to the following month's sweep.
The Photography Committee will apply the GCA Guidelines to our NCGC sweeps:
- Photography entries are limited to subjects consistent with GCA interests such as horticulture, floral design, gardens/landscapes, conservation/the environment, natural world and historical preservation.
- A title or a brief explanation may be included on the entry form.
- If plant material is included in the photograph, identification of the plant material on the entry card is encouraged but not required.
- Each photograph must be the work of only the exhibitor. Matting, mounting and printing may be done professionally.
- Any manipulation at the time of exposure, in the darkroom, at the computer or in the printing process must be the work of the exhibitor only.
- Photographs should be mounted and matted with a total perimeter dimension that is no larger than 12"x14". The mat color and photographic finish are exhibitor's choice.
- Classes are judged on Creativity, Composition, Technical Skill, Conformance/Interpretation of Theme and Distinction.